Why You'll Love this Job
Job Summary: The A/R Specialist I will primarily focus on patient collections. They will regularly interface with NextGen RCM, operational managers and patients regarding various accounts receivable issues, including, but not limited to invoicing, outstanding accounts receivables, collections, etc. This role requires appropriate use of interpersonal styles and communication methods to develop effective partnerships to meet mutual goals and objectives, demonstrating a strong ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify problems or opportunities, including likely causes.
Provides Outstanding Customer Service to both internal and external customers utilizing phone, email, and chat features.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts outbound phone calls to patient to collect on outstanding balances and resolve current payment method issues.
- Performs various collection/payment actions as necessary.
- Works self-pay worklog queue in NextGen.
- Ensures Treatment Estimate (TES) form is scanned into MDI.
- Provides corrected billing to patients.
- Answers patient questions on patient responsible portions, copays, deductibles, write-off’s, etc.
- Resolves patient inquiries or explains why certain services are not covered.Identifies and re-assigns financial responsibility as appropriate.
- Evaluates patient's financial status and establishes budget payment plans as needed.
- Prepares and approves statements for services that become the patient's responsibility.
- Documents all activity taken in each patient's account via NextGen PM.
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all compliance regulations.
- Attention to detail is a must
- Highly organized, attentive, has a sense of urgency, flexible and able to deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Answers patient calls in a professional and timely manner, projecting proper telephone etiquette while adhering to HIPAA guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with others at all levels.
- Displays professionalism in the workplace maintaining a positive team attitude
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- At least 6 months to 1 year of experience in accounts receivable, billing, and/or revenue cycle management in a medical setting.
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred
- Sedentary work: Lift up to 10 lbs at a time and occasionally carry files/small tools
- Sitting - prolonged periods of time
- Repetitive Motion-substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Close Visual Acuity-work includes viewing a computer screen