Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas is currently looking for a Research Administrative Assistant. The Research Administrative Assistant is responsible for creating a positive patient experience by arranging patient transportation and welcoming patients as they arrive to clinic. The role will also assist with other Research functions as requested.
This position is location at our Bissonet location.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition Program
RCTX is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, dedicated to preserving vision for patients throughout the state. RCTX has three certified research centers and is one of the leading sites for retinal research in the country. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous and macula. In addition, RCTX has both uveitis and ocular oncology specialty divisions, which focus on inflammation and cancer treatments of the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the top of their classes.
RCTX follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
RCTX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
The Administrative Assistant will
- Greet and check-in subjects through multiple platforms to include Microsoft Teams, Nextgen, MDI, and Realtime.
- Verify patient’s demographics and update profiles in all PM systems
- Complete appointment reminder calls to subjects
- Create and arrange transportation for research subjects
- Coordination of Superbills
- Ordering lunch, supplies, and other items as needed
- Assist Research with chart organization and appointment scheduling as needed
- Assist Coordinators as needed
- Completes other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical office experience preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and appropriate practice management software.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and multitask.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply clinic policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, organize and analyze information.