Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking an individual who will be responsible for providing care to patients enrolled in research clinical trials.This individual should be detailed oriented and able to multi-task.
This position will be based in our San Antonio Administrative offices.
Candidate must be able to work variable shift times that will flex with patient needs. This could anytime between (6:30 am -5 pm Monday-Friday)
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Certification Opportunities
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the Patient's Vision. RCTX has three certified research centers and is home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the country’s leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCTX has an ocular oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their classes.
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is part of Retina Consultants of America (RCA), the largest network of leading retina specialists with the mission of saving sight and improving patient lives through innovation and the highest quality care. Through RCA's physician-centered practice management model, physicians continue to drive clinical and practice culture while benefiting from the available business expertise, resources and shared best practices.
Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
Retina Consultants of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Coordinate and schedule subject visits within study/subject specific windows per protocol guidelines.
- Prepare visit-specific documentation and charts for Clinical Research Coordinator
- Inform subjects and obtain written consent in regard to ICF’s
- Assist Coordinator in patient care and management
- Assist Coordinator in monitoring subject flow and assist in subject care and management
- Accurately collect and record all necessary data (e.g. demographics, medical history, adverse events, concomitant medications, etc.) during study visit
- Transcribe subject study information from source documents to the Electronic Case Report Forms
- Administer all mandatory questionnaires to study subjects
- Set up, prepare subject, and conduct electrocardiograms on subject who require ECG per study protocol
- Scribe ocular exams for doctors and confirm appropriate treatment per protocol
- Promptly request all necessary medical records for Serious Adverse Event Reporting
- Collection, processing, and shipment of laboratory biological samples for analysis
- Perform intraocular pressure checks post-injections
- Review and resolve data management queries as need
- Trial frame refraction and ETDRS visual acuity testing
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to multitask
- Computer efficient
- Communicates well both verbally and electronically; email, MS Teams, etc.
- Detail oriented
- Bachelors degree or 4 years of ophthalmic experience in lieu of degree
- At least 4 years of ophthalmic experience in lieu of degree
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of being on your feet, moving through the clinic environment