Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking an individual to support the administrative needs of the Administrative office and the leadership team.
The administrative assistant will provide administrative support to the business office leaders. This role will help provide support the day to day operations of the office and leadership team to include calendar management, setting up meeting spaces, ordering supplies and meals for meetings, directing all incoming visitors, accepting and managing deliveries.
The Administrative Assistant will also help maintain the supplies throughout the office, report issues to the building maintenance contact, and restock items as needed.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition Program
Retina Consultants of Texas is part of Retina Consultants of America (RCA), the largest network of leading retina specialists with the mission of saving sight and improving patient lives through innovation and the highest quality care. Through RCA's physician-centered practice management model, physicians continue to drive clinical and practice culture while benefitting from the available business expertise, resources and shared best practices.
Retina Consultants of Texas is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the Patient's Vision. RCT has three certified research centers and is home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the country’s leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCT has an ocular oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their classes.
Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
Retina Consultants of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environnment that celebrates diversity.
- Acts as Executive Administrative Assistant to the Leadership team
- Responds to and handles confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Welcomes all guests and manages deliveries to the office
- Manages the conference room calendars, accepts/denies requests for room reservations, posts schedules outside of the room on a weekly basis and as changes are made, oversees/maintains the equipment, assures the rooms and white boards are clean, supplies are stocked and contact lists are kept up to date.
- Will arrange travel and itinerary for the leadership team to include flight, car rental, and hotel reservations.
- Maintains departmental organizational charts and assist it in the management of functional email groups
- Will be required to produce PowerPoint presentations and take/prepare meeting minutes.
- May compose formal and informal correspondence, mail merges, formats presentations, and creates reports, graphs, org charts, etc.
- Ensures supplies are stocked and available for all staff
- Partners with peers to order supplies as needed
- Maintains coffee and other food supplies provided by department and ensures maintenance of general cleanliness of department, including scheduling of routine and/or needed maintenance of facilities
- May assist with new hire onboarding to include but limited to making copies of documents for new hire folders, training documents, delivery of new hire badges and scrubs
- Executes other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills with the ability to work with all levels of employees
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and appropriate practice management software.
- Ability to produce PowerPoint presentations or reports for leadership team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skill
- Ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, organize and analyze information.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and coordinate work activities.
- Skill in operating office equipment
- Ability to answer the incoming inquiries and respond accordingly
- Skill in time management, prioritization, and multitasking.
- Skill in writing and communicating effectively.
- Ability to communicate and present information.
- High School Diploma required
- College Degree preferred
2-4 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, business support, or similar role