Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking an Insurance Verification Specialist performs clerical functions for patient billing, including verification of insurance information and resolution of problems to ensure a clean billing process. Follows up on accounts that require further evaluation. Your duties will also involve calling to obtain verbal insurance verification which requires strong phone communication skills. It’s important to focus and work quickly, and efficiently to process verifications in a timely manner.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Certification Opportunities
RCTX is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, dedicated to preserving vision for patients throughout the state. RCTX has three certified research centers and is one of the leading sites for retinal research in the country. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous and macula. In addition, RCTX has both uveitis and ocular oncology specialty divisions, which focus on inflammation and cancer treatments of the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the top of their classes.
RCTX follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
RCTX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify insurance eligibility for medical insurances for upcoming appointments by utilizing online websites or by contacting the carriers directly.
- Review patient deductibles and/or copays and enter into the billing system.
- Assist front office with verification questions or concerns.
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Works in conjunction with the reception to ensure clean billing.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Proficient in computers and relevant software applications and practice management technology.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Possession of strong problem-solving skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to collaborate across departments and build effective relationships with internal and external customers to achieve goals.
- Ability to achieve team goals while demonstrating organizational values and utilizing resources responsibly.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Exhibit high level of quality through attention to detail and monitoring of work.
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Bilingual in Spanish / English preferred.
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, filing, medical terminology, CPT coding, and managed care referral process
- Knowledge of related OSHA and JCAHO guidelines and requirements
- Basic Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook), EMR
- Ability to type, file, and to use a multi-line telephone, computer, fax, copier and adding machine
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.