Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking an individual who will be responsible to providing accurate fundus, anterior segment and external photography as order by the eye care provider while maintaining patient flow and communication regarding appointment status within a high volume practice.
Candidate must be able to travel to various clinics to meet the needs of the patients and providers and support the clinic's hours (Monday - Friday, 6:30 am to 6:30 pm). Schedules are provided weekly and are based on the provider's clinic patient and surgery schedule.
This position will be based out of our Katy clinic location and asked to travel to Memorial and Sugarland on an as needed basis.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Certification Opportunities
Retina Consultants of Texas is part of Retina Consultants of America (RCA), the largest network of leading retina specialists with the mission of saving sight and improving patient lives through innovation and the highest quality care. Through RCA's physician-centered practice management model, physicians continue to drive clinical and practice culture while benefiting from the available business expertise, resources and shared best practices.
Retina Consultants of Texas is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the Patient's Vision. RCTX has two certified research centers and is home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the country’s leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCTX has an ocular oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their classes.
Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
Retina Consultants of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Performs fundus, anterior segment and external photography as ordered by the eye care provider.
- Performs intravenous fluorescein angiographies and/or indocyanine green angiographies as ordered by the eye care provider.
- Performs scanning computerized ophthalmic diagnostic imaging (i.e. OCT, HRT) as ordered by the eye care provider.
- Obtains informed consent form as it applies to angiographies.
- Processes film; mounts and labels slides; maintains film log and/or back ups of digital database regularly.
- Maintains camera(s), related equipment and inventory of supplies.
- Maintains all patient-related records as they pertain to imaging systems.
- Maintains records of work performed.
- Obtains images for physician presentations as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two to three years experience in ophthalmic photography and digital imaging.
- CRA and JCAHPO certification preferred.
- CPR certification necessary.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ocular anatomy.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong team orientation.
- Requires normal range of eyesight to perform necessary tasks involved with the photographing of images and developing of slides and film.
- Involves working in a small space in dimly-lit, or dark room.