Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking a responsible individual to join the team as a Opthalmic Systems Technician.
As Opthalmic Systems Specialist, you will be a vital part of the RCTX IT team who services and supports mission critical diagnostic systems. You will also provide support for clinic site imaging equipment, LANs, WAN connection installations and post-install troubleshooting. This may include application performance troubleshooting as well. This individual is responsible for delivery of new functionality, day-to-day operations, and participating in break/fix activities. You will also provide support for many third-party vendors such as Cisco/Meraki, Microsoft Office 365, VMware, Heidelberg Engineering, Optos, Zeiss, etc. This individual will report directly to RCTX’s Director of Information Technology.
Travel to multiple work sites within Texas is required for this role.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Rewards andercognition Program
- Certification Opportunities
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the Patient's Vision. RCTX has three certified research centers and is home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the country’s leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCTX has an ocular oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their classes.
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is part of Retina Consultants of America (RCA), the largest network of leading retina specialists with the mission of saving sight and improving patient lives through innovation and the highest quality care. Through RCA's physician-centered practice management model, physicians continue to drive clinical and practice culture while benefitting from the available business expertise, resources and shared best practices.
Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
Retina Consultants of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Basic technical hardware and software support, maintenance and troubleshooting of diagnostic imaging devices.
- Interacts with physicians, management, clinical and research staff, administration staff as well as 3rd party vendors to manage the day-to-day scheduled and unscheduled diagnostic equipment operations and maintenance activities. Seeks to maintain stable, efficient and effective availability and operations of RCTX network resources.
- Assists staff with basic technical design, optimization, monitoring, testing, evaluation, integration, installation and implementation of equipment, systems and components as directed. Designs network and systems to best meet customer-specific solutions, customizations and requirements, while maintaining company infrastructure standards and policies.
- Assists with basic equipment security definition and design. Also, includes the ability to work closely with and transfer knowledge to other IT team members.
- Actively monitors network and Internet activity and recommends improvements and changes to security measures as needed. Produces reports of network performance. Develops and conducts proactive maintenance and change control activities, as approved, designed to ensure optimal operation of the network and systems.
- Understands and complies with all security policies; ensures that security and data protection are top priorities; integrates security into all designs and systems; makes recommendations regarding enhancing network security.
- Ensures all aspects of the network configuration, software licenses, user accounts and equipment are inventoried, tracked and documented and that all documents and diagrams are kept up to date as configurations change – including proper and timely attention to appropriate change control coordination, procedures and notifications.
- Maintains and troubleshoots proprietary diagnostic equipment, connected PCs, and software
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of the data network and systems within his/her defined scope
- Provide technical assistance and resolution for network and systems problems
- Participate in voice, data, network and systems installation repair and upgrades
- Identify and troubleshoot performance issues in an enterprise environment
- Monitor the installation, maintenance, and monitoring systems of the network
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross-functional problems
- Plan, implement, and/or engineer network solutions based on Cisco/Meraki equipment with intermediate complexity
- Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices
- Plan, implement, and/or engineer network solutions based upon equipment with intermediate complexity
- Ability to learn new technologies and complex photography equipment
- Ability to create comprehensive documentation using Microsoft Teams and related tools
- Voice experience with phone systems
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision, although he/she will be part of a team
- Ability to be a self-starter and show initiative
- Strong team player with the ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment and adhere to existing processes and procedures
- Dependable and reliable with a positive mental attitude and professional appearance
- Ability to communicate technical information to other team members and coworkers who may not have knowledge of networking technical terminology
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously from design to implementation
- Comprehensive understanding of network services and networks such as TCP/IP, WAN/LAN, VPN
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking systems such as LAN, firewalls, routers and printers
- Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently
- Ability to design, implement and troubleshoot Wi-Fi and security infrastructure
- Drafts equipment specifications based on capability and safety.
- Monitors equipment utilization and maintenance procedures.
- Inspects equipment issues and troubleshoots them.
- Proposes equipment improvements to management.
- Repairs, calibrates, and keeps medical equipment and instrumentation used in health care delivery field maintained.
- Inspects and installs medical and related technical equipment in medical and research facilities for use by physicians, nurses, scientists, or engineers involved in researching, monitoring, diagnosing, and treating physical ailments or dysfunctions.
- Services various equipment and apparatus, such as diagnostic equipment
- Repairs, calibrates, and maintains equipment, using hand tools, power tools, measuring devices, and knowledge of manufacturers' manuals, troubleshooting techniques, and preventive maintenance schedules
- Safety-tests medical equipment and health care facility's structural environment to ensure patient and staff safety from electrical or mechanical hazards
- Consults with medical or research staff to ascertain that equipment functions properly and safely, utilizing knowledge of electronics, medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, chemistry, and physics
- May demonstrate and explain correct operation of equipment to personnel
- High School diploma required
- Associates or 3-5 years of vocational technical training preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a complex multi-vendor equipment environment
- CCNA (Preferred)
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally lift and/or move equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Travel to various clinics within the state of Texas