Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking an individual who will be responsible for providing a friendly and efficient patient experience. The Patient Access Coordinator provides excellent customer service and acts as the patient liaison in the fast-paced clinic environment while working in multiple systems.
This role is a part-time position and schedules are provided weekly and are based on the physician's clinic, patient and surgery schedules.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Incentive Rewards Program
- Certification Opportunities
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the Patient's Vision. RCTX has three certified research centers and is home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the country’s leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCTX has an ocular oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their classes.
Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
Retina Consultants of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Greet and sets the tone for a great visit by professionally and compassionately attending to the patients as they arrive for their appointments.
- Facilitate internal communications on multiple platforms to ensure an efficient appointment flow.
- Maintaining and updating current information into multiple databases; following appointment procedures set by management.
- Identifies all patient’s responsibilities based on insurance benefit, calculates estimates, collects liabilities and post payment transactions and performs daily reconciliation.
- Confirm authorization or referrals for drug approvals
- Identifies self-pay and complex liability calculations.
- Provide requested and/or required information to patients, physicians and staff, in a professional and timely manner; relay all pertinent information to appropriate staff members
- Provide all appropriate information to patients in preparation for appointment: patient intake forms, financial obligations and ensure referrals and authorizations are intact.
- Maintain tidiness of the lobby and all public spaces in the front
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures, including cash handling when receiving patient payments protocol and all policies set by management.
- Promote effective working relations to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations; maintain confidentiality of all doctor, staff, and patient information.
- Keeps inventory of clerical supplies and re-orders as necessary.
- Reports safety concerns promptly to appropriate leader.
- Other job related duties as assigned or requested.
- High school diploma
- Medical office experience preferred
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and how to read EOBs.
- Basic typing skills required
- Basic Mathematical skills to include adding and subtracting
- Computer experience: working in multiply systems, Microsoft Outlook and Teams
- Have working knowledge of insurance terminology preferred
- Bilingual preferred