Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking an individual who will be responsible for providing a friendly and efficient patient experience, answering telephones, maintaining patient files, distributing daily correspondence, and ordering inventory of clerical supplies.
This position could travel with a start time as early as 6:00am.
Candidate may travel to multiple clinics to meet the needs of the patients and providers, and support the clinic's variable hours (Monday - Friday, 6:30 am to 6:30 pm). Schedules are provided weekly and are based on the physician's clinic, patient and surgery schedules.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Incentive Rewards Program
- Certification Opportunities
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the Patient's Vision. RCTX has three certified research centers and is home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the country’s leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCTX has an ocular oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their classes.
Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
Retina Consultants of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Greets and orients patients as they arrive for their appointments.
- Answers the phone in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Promptly and efficiently types patient labels, charts, miscellaneous correspondence, etc.
- Maintains organized patient files.
- Assists patients as they check out, i.e., next appointment, completes super-bill, accepts payment, etc.
- Reschedules patients.
- Calls patients to remind them of following day’s appointments.
- Compiles new patient packages.
- Reviews, copies, and distributes correspondence.
- Balances cash drawer daily.
- Informs and monitors tech callbacks.
- Maintains proper opening and closing procedures.
- Keeps inventory of clerical supplies and re-orders as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Basic typing, English and mathematical skills.
- Medical experience preferred.
- Computer experience.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Experience answering multi-line telephones promptly and courteously.
- Professional appearance.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to treat patients and co-workers respectfully.
- Empathetic personality with concern for patients’ needs.
- Initiative to solve problems and complete projects.
- Positive attitude.