Why You'll Love this Job
The Patient Access Coordinator Manager is responsible for all functions related to the Patient Access Team. The Manager is also responsible for providing guidance and mentoring of new and/or existing staff with daily work effort and superior customer service.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Certification Opportunities
RCTX is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, dedicated to preserving vision for patients throughout the state. RCTX has three certified research centers and is one of the leading sites for retinal research in the country. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous and macula. In addition, RCTX has both uveitis and ocular oncology specialty divisions, which focus on inflammation and cancer treatments of the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the top of their classes.
RCTX follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
RCTX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides daily support/mentoring/training to new hires as well as existing Patient Access staff.
- Enforces departmental policies, practices, procedures and work rules in accordance with RCH handbook and existing policies and assists in the development and implementation of approved new policies.
- Responsible for the monitoring of daily activity and completion of performance and metric reports such as check in work flow, daily balancing, chart preparation, etc.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow. Answers questions and recommends corrective actions to address customer complaints; learns, applies, and teaches new skills to improve customer service.
- Sets priorities and handles multiple responsibilities effectively while identifying opportunities to improve overall productivity, standardization, and workflow.
- Actively promotes good working relationships amongst team members and with external and internal clients.
- Perform all Patient Access functions as needed.
- Acts as part of the management team to ensure that the group is meeting all operational goals.
- Maintains positive customer service at all times.
- Works with human resources in managing activities of department in regards to recruiting, hiring, termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, and performance evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Robust knowledge and understanding of insurance and financial processing of accounts.
- Expert knowledge of medical terminology and translating EOB’s.
- Requires general knowledge of the customer encounter process which may include scheduling, registration, contract requirement, financial guidelines, and coordination of benefits.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well under pressure
- Exhibits excellent customer service
- Basic typing skills required
- Basic Mathematical skills to include adding and subtracting
- Computer experience: working in multiply systems, Microsoft Outlook and Teams
- High school diploma
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Four years of patient access or call center experience
- Two plus years in supervisory or lead role preferred
- Must be available to work hours and days as needed based on departmental demands
- Must be able to travel to clinic locations with dependable transportation
- Sedentary position with occasional movement throughout the workplace
- Working on the computer for majority of shift
- Must be able to type
- Must be able to communicate via any communication channel
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.