Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas is seeking a responsible, self-motivated individual to help provide unparalleled patient satisfaction by assisting patients with questions regarding testing, completing medication refils, assisting with scheduling, and completing documentation requested by patient or their employers. This role will be assigned to our Spurs Lane Clinic in San Antonio.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Incentive Rewards Program
- Certification Opportunities
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the Patient's Vision. RCTX has three certified research centers and is home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the country’s leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCTX has an ocular oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their classes.
Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
Retina Consultants of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Respond (usually via phone) to technical questions from patients about treatment, symptoms, prescriptions, or any additional inquiries
- Set up tests requested by physician, obtain required pre-authorizations, and relay results to patients. Tests include MRI’s, blood work, call FA’s, etc.
- Send/refill prescriptions; written, faxed, or electronic ERX.
- Schedule outgoing referrals and send chart information as needed.
- Request medical records from other physician offices and scan into EHR.
- Assist with clinic as needed as an ophthalmic technician.
- Complete patient paperwork (worker’s compensation, FMLA, etc.) and document work in EHR system.
- Demonstrated effectiveness showing courtesy, diligence, integrity, and teamwork
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective listening, clear communication, effective patient problem resolution, warm demeanor
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with physicians, coworkers, and patients
- Ability to master multiple computer systems (data entry and data retrieval)
- Ability to master the terminology of the medical field
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Basic knowledge of eye anatomy, disease processes/symptoms, usual tests
- Knowledge of billing and coding for tests and diagnoses
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant certification preferred
- Experience as an Ophthalmic Assistant or Medical Assistant preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in front or back office experience preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.