Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking an individual who will be responsible for answering all incoming patient calls. The Patient Service Representative will triage incoming calls and schedule patients according to the information provided during the call. The Patient Service Representative will also partner with all departments at Retain Consultants of Texas to ensure the patients needs are addressed.
Based from the Bellaire Administration office, the candidate must be able to communicate effectively, maintain customer service relationships, be highly organized, and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Candidate must be able to support the clinic's variable hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:30 pm). There is a possibility that this position will work some Saturdays.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Education Reimbursement
RCTX is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, dedicated to preserving vision for patients throughout the state. RCTX has three certified research centers and is one of the leading sites for retinal research in the country. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous and macula. In addition, RCTX has both uveitis and ocular oncology specialty divisions, which focus on inflammation and cancer treatments of the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the top of their classes.
RCTX follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
RCTX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Receives incoming calls and schedules for a multi-location Retina practice
- Maintains compliance with HIPAA by keeping sensitive information confidential
- Performs in a high productivity, fast-paced environment
- Provides excellent customer service
- Triage patient calls to determine path to action regarding scheduling needs
- Collects full, complete, and accurate insurance information
- Partners with team members throughout the practice to triage patient calls
- Communicates effectively with all team members throughout the practice to ensure patient message requests are received
- Documents accurately and concisely in all systems
- Works with patient to address any concerns. Escalates patient concerns to leaders as needed
- Have working knowledge of all providers within our practice in order to fill schedules based on business needs
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Ability to exercise judgment and decisions making
- Working knowledge of insurance terminology
- Basic Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook), EMR
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 1-2 years customer service, medical scheduling, or ophthalmic technician experience preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.