Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is seeking a responsible individual to joining the team as an Investigational Product Research Assistant “Unmasked Research Assistant”. This role will be responsible for providing patient care to patients enrolled in research clinical trials. This position requires excellent organization skills and attention to detail. The Unmasked Research Assistant will manage the workflow of subjects, prep subjects for procedures, and record data as required. The Unmasked Research assistant will be expected to prioritize multiple tasks including being available to the IP Coordinator when needed, received and process drug shipments, data entry, and accurate record keeping.
This position will be based from the Katy clinic.
The schedule for this role is anytime between (6:30 am -5 pm Monday-Friday)
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Incentive Rewards Program
- Certification Opportunities
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the Patient's Vision. RCTX has three certified research centers and is home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the country’s leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCTX has an ocular oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their classes.
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is part of Retina Consultants of America (RCA), the largest network of leading retina specialists with the mission of saving sight and improving patient lives through innovation and the highest quality care. Through RCA's physician-centered practice management model, physicians continue to drive clinical and practice culture while benefitting from the available business expertise, resources and shared best practices.
Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
Retina Consultants of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Assisting IP Coordinator with receiving investigational product (IP), maintaining proper storage conditions, dispensing and IP accountability and ensuring proper supply levels of IP.
- Prepping subjects for and assisting physicians with all unmasked study drug setups.
- Record all data from procedures neatly, accurately, and appropriately.
- Keep subject unmasking information confidential.
- Verify equipment is operational and calibrated according to protocol.
- Be available to assist IP Coordiator with making corrections during unmasked monitoring visits, when necessary
- Inform coordinator/research assistant upon completion of study drug/sham treatment and assist subject to the next location within the clinic
- Assist the IP Coordinator with maintaining appropriate and accurate documentation of calibration of equipment listed in calibration binder and temperature documentation of all research refrigerators and freezers
- Receive and process drug shipments according to established procedures/protocol requirements
- Unmasked Data entry for protocol
- Independently manage workflows and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Maintain current training or certification as applicable for CITI Training, and IATA Certification/Re-certification
- Bachelors degree preferred
- CITI training preferred
- IATA certification preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of being on your feet, moving through the clinic environment