Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCT) is seeking an individual who will be responsible documenting specific disease processes through photography and other imaging devices as required by Research Protocols.
Candidate must be able to travel to various clinics to meet the needs of the patients and providers and support the clinic's hours (Monday - Friday, 6:30 am to 6:30 pm). Schedules are provided weekly and are based on the provider's clinic patient and research schedule.
RCT offers the following competitive benefits for full-time elgible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Incentive Rewards Program
- Certification Opportunities
Retina Consultants of Texas is part of Retina Consultants of America (RCA), the largest network of leading retina specialists with the mission of saving sight and improving patient lives through innovation and the highest quality care. Through RCA's physician-centered practice management model, physicians continue to drive clinical and practice culture while benefitting from the available business expertise, resources and shared best practices.
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCT) is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the Patient's Vision. RCT has two certified research centers and is home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the country’s leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCT has an ocular oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their classes.
Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
Retina Consultants of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environnment that celebrates diversity.
- Obtains and maintains certification for each study
- Performs ophthalmic imaging studies in accordance with the study protocols. Transfers images to various reading centers in accordance with the study protocols.
- Performs fundus, anterior segment and external photography as required by Sponsor protocol.
- Performs intravenous fluorescein angiographies and/or indocyanine green angiographies as as required by Sponsor protocol.
- Performs scanning computerized ophthalmic diagnostic imaging (i.e. OCT) as as required by Sponsor protocol.
- Maintains camera(s), related equipment and inventory of supplies.
- Maintains all subject-related records as they pertain to imaging systems.
- Maintains records of work performed.
- Obtains images for physician presentations as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two to three years experience in ophthalmic photography and digital imaging.
- CRA and JCAHPO certification preferred.
- Certification in clinical research trials with familiarity of reading centers such as DARC, DUKE, UW-FPRC and DIRC is preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ocular anatomy.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills.