Why You'll Love this Job
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is currently seeking a Training Coordinator to support the training needs of the research organization.
The primary objective of the training coordinator is to lead, centralize and standardize training efforts. This position will design, develop, and deliver a comprehensive training programs for all levels of research staff.
The training coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting in the coordination of various research specific trainings and projects. Clinical Research experience is required.
RCTX offers the following competitive benefits for full-time eligible employees after the introductory period:
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Certification Opportunities
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is one of the largest and most respected retina-only ophthalmology practices in the United States, committed to Preserving the Patient's Vision. RCTX has three certified research centers and is home to the Greater Houston Retina Research Center, one of the country’s leading sites for retinal research. All Retina Consultants of Texas physicians are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and specialize exclusively in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous, and macula. In addition, RCTX has an ocular oncology division, which focuses on cancer treatments for the eye. Our surgeons have studied at some of the most renowned institutions in the nation and all have graduated at the very top of their classes.
Retina Consultants of Texas (RCTX) is part of Retina Consultants of America (RCA), the largest network of leading retina specialists with the mission of saving sight and improving patient lives through innovation and the highest quality care. Through RCA's physician-centered practice management model, physicians continue to drive clinical and practice culture while benefiting from the available business expertise, resources and shared best practices.
Retina Consultants of Texas follows all CDC and local authority protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of the patients, providers, employees and communities.
Retina Consultants of Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity.
The primary objective of the training coordinator is to lead, centralize and standardize training efforts. This position will design, develop, and deliver a comprehensive training program for all levels of research staff.
The training coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting in the coordination of various research specific trainings and projects. Day-to-day activities may include all or some of the essential functions listed below, depending upon individual experience / knowledge and the needs of the organization which are subject to change from time to time
- Assist in developing and maintaining all training materials for training programs.
- Serve on the Retina Consultants of America (RCA) Research Training Committee to include planning and development of training programs and activities related to all RCA research site training.
- Assist in conducting needs assessments and analyze training and development gaps with the assistance of the quality assurance (QA) audit findings and suggestions.
- Assist with developing content for training workshops, training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and computer tutorials.
- Create training materials based on job roles and training needs.
- Test and review created materials.
- Maintain a database of training materials.
- Ensure training materials meet compliance with regulations.
- Assist with individual training covering a range of areas such as research regulations and compliance, on the job training and ophthalmology specific training.
- Lead education and training video development production in collaboration with Marketing and Communication Director.
- Assist with developing the content and organization of the online learning training system (Trainual).
- Conduct and maintain record and reports for each onsite or individual training that is conducted.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills required. Must be able to work effectively with teams both internally and remotely
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to determine training objectives
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans
- Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans
- Ability to use Microsoft office products such as Word, Power Point, Excel, and Access
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 1 year of related work experience
- 1 year of related work experience
- Previous experience with Ophthalmology trials preferred
- 1 year of clinical research experience